Tuesday, June 8, 2010

people watching and Mission Beach






Ok so here is the deal, if you are looking for some good interactive people watching then Mission Beach is the place to be. Stop along any part of the two mile boardwalk lining the ocean and what you see resembles something like an ongoing circus. You have guys covered in tattoos, people with rims on their bicycles, guys skateboarding wearing thongs , I mean it is nothing less than a freak show but that's why I love it.

Rain or shine, the boardwalk is always packed with drama. I forgot to mention that I live in Mission Beach on the boardwalk so I get to see everything that goes on. People always ask me so what's it like to live on the beach, so let me give you a little taste of what goes on at the beach. So on Sunday, I was sitting out side on my porch listening to music and this girl walks by and stops by my house with these two guys. The girl and the guy are in their 20s. So the girl is in a bikini but she is clearly inebriated. So she stops and starts to pet my dogs and then I see the two guys continue to walk down the boardwalk without the girl. At that point it was obvious those guys were just along for the ride and had no intention of sticking around to make sure this girl got home safely. So the girl just keeps standing in front of my house and she clearly has no idea what is going on so I asked her where she is staying and if I could take her home. So of course she has no idea where she is staying. I go inside my house to get her a bottle of water and when I look out the window this girl collapses into the plants out front. She full on fell face forward without trying to brace herself. Then I get out my phone and ask her the number of her friends so they can come and pick her up, so of course she gives me about ten phone numbers that she has memorized and of course all of her friends that she had me call live in northern California. Finally I get a hold of one of her friends and I put the drunk girl on the phone to talk to her friend. So then I see a lifeguard pass by and stop the lifeguard and tell him that this girl is really intoxicated and when I turn around to point to her she runs around the corner with my phone still in her hand. Now I am pissed because she took not just my phone but my iphone with all my contacts and my Chanel screen. So then I start screaming she took my phone, and then the vacation renters up stairs tell my boyfriend that this girl took my phone. I then chase her around the corner, get my phone back and try to get her friend back on the phone to come pick this girl up. Meanwhile, the guy who lives behind me is leading this girl up to his apartment to clearly try to take advantage of her, what a scumbag. So then I had to grab the girl from inside his apartment and bring her downstairs away from my scumbag neighbor. By now there were about 15 people gathered outside. Finally this girl's friends came and found her and she got to safety. This is just a typical day at the beach, if you are not watching the drama then you are part of it, but at the very least it makes the day a little bit more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. This is actual absorbing post..and nice analysis about this article..this is attractive awesome..You accomplishing abundant job..thanks for administration here.miami beach condos

    ReplyDelete